When entrepreneurs build businesses, it can be difficult to let go of the desire to build it entirely from the ground up. The fact of the matter is that it can be very expensive to do everything from scratch.
In Alliance President Peter Strack’s latest contribution to Forbes, he highlights six tools every business owner should know about. Strack has owned and operated businesses since he was 12 years old. It stands to reason that he knows what it takes to make a business successful. Rather than build every aspect of his companies’ infrastructure, Strack utilizes third-party apps that aid in running his businesses.
In fact, each tool listed assists in the day-to-day operation here at Alliance Reservations Network:
- We use Skype to communicate with each other, whether it’s to instant message someone down the hall, or host a video conference between the Orlando and Phoenix offices.
- Google Drive and its apps allow us to store, share, and even collaborate on files.
- Trello allows us to see the progress of our projects, and who’s involved in them.
- Hubspot enables us to keep track of the most important part of our business—our relationship with our clients.
- Freshdesk’s ticketing system ensures a smooth customer service experience to our clients’ customers.
- WordPress allows us to share breaking company news (like this!), insights into travel technology, and more.
Using these tools rather than build them ourselves helps Alliance operate efficiently, allowing us to focus on what we do best. Peter Strack advises that as businesses grow, more sophisticated (and costly) solutions may be considered. However, starting with the tools on his list can show entrepreneurs what’s worth investing in before opening their wallets.